Email : email@example.com
Location : Emeryville, California, USA
Print + Packaging
Adobe PS, AI, ID, DW
HTML & CSS LESS and SASS
Mac & PC
Mandarin Chinese (Conversational)
AIGA SF member since 2009
Teaching Assistant for 5 design studios
Design by Design 2010 at UC Davis
Piece: Samsung Propel Package Redesign
Design by Design 2011 at UC Davis
Piece: Power of Paper
New Generation Student Showcase 2011 at San Francisco deYoung Museum
Piece: “Go Vegetarian” Campaign
University of California, Davis – Sept 2011
B.A. in Design – Visual Communication
Head of Design
Oct 2015 - Present
Creating the company's visual brand and implementing it across multiple products, collateral, and web experience.
Visual & Product Designer
at Clover Network Inc
Aug 2013 – Oct 2015
Clover is a point-of-sale product encompassing both physical and digital experiences. I was responsible for building and maintaining a consistent visual identity across all company branded products. Within my 2 years, I was a part of 9 Clover products: Clover Station, Clover Mobile, Clover Mobile Printer, Clover Mobile Dock, Clover Mini, Merchant Keypad, and 3 ADA PIN Shields. My projects included:
- Branding: Establishing company’s visual feel by creating branding guidelines, color palettes, typography patterns, icon/illustration style, and preserving overall consistency. Multiple platforms under consideration: print, hardware, web, and mobile.
- Print, Packaging, and Hardware: Contributed on all devices: Clover Station, Clover Mobile, Clover Mobile Printer, Clover Mobile Dock, Clover Mini, Merchant Keypad, and ADA PIN Shields.
Involved in hardware builds by providing all designs for printed setup/feature guides and device packaging. User guide content and illustrations were structured with international distribution in mind (culture-neutral iconography, common units, etc). Inspected and approved quality samples for final print production and determine QC criteria.
- Web: Designed and implemented current CSS LESS framework for efficiency and scalability. Reviewed and approved code going into production.
- Android: Constructed overall visual theme for existing and new Clover Android apps. Contributed to refining updated UI/UX patterns, based on research of common Android practices.
- Other: Company business cards, promotional material for tech/recruiting events, co-branding material with parent company First Data, company t-shirts for team milestones and hackathons, company swag/giveaways.
Nov 2012 – May 2013
Designed in the Developer Publications group at Apple. Worked with a team on new UI/UX design of developer library publications. New design is applied to the iOS 7 (and up) Human Interface Guidelines in the iOS Developer Library. Contracted through Expert Support Inc.
at PaperSky Design
Jan 2012 – Jan 2013
Projects: email blasts, marketing collateral, competitor research, web design, t-shirts, & building interiors (paint colors, wall graphics).
at Conference & Event Services at UC Davis
Jun 2010 – Nov 2011
Oversaw the other designer to meet project deadlines & UC Davis identity standards. Saw tangible projects through print production and saw screen projects through digital development. Office staff & UC Davis Chancellor brought materials to national trade shows.
at Department of Campus Recreation at UC Davis
Jun 2008 – Jul 2010
Communicated with Marketing in creating products branded with the Campus Rec style guide, while using a proofing process to meet deadlines. Assisted in the creation process of quarterly Recreation Guide.
of PIXEL Graphic Design Club (AIGA Student Club)
Jun 2009 – Aug 2011 \ UC Davis, CA
Directed a group of 6 other officers. Held informational meetings. Budgeted & scheduled annual events, such as Alumni Day, Design Studio Tours, & Portfolio Informative Series. Hosted networking opportunities for fellow designers by collaborating with American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) & Runway Designers Club on campus.